About the Course
This outstanding southern Illinois course was designed as a 27-hole complex by renowned Chicago architect Lawrence Packard. Original construction consisted of 18 holes, opening in 1976. An additional 9 holes were added in 1994 to meet demand and the resulting 27-hole course is a delight for golfers of all skill levels, earning it recognition in Golf Digest Magazine "Places to Play".
Rend Lake Golf Course offers:
A state of the art, lighted driving range and practice facility opened in the spring of 1995, with two large tees, raised target greens and a practice bunker. A putting green near the first tee provides a second short game practice area. Rend Lake Golf Course also features a fully staffed and stocked Pro Shop with the latest in fashion, equipment, and instruction.
- Five sets of tees, which allow the course to be played between 4,900 and 6,900 yards for 18 holes.
- Large bent grass greens averaging 7,500 square feet per green.
- Zoysia fairways and tees.
- Numerous water hazards.
- Wide continuous cart paths throughout.
- Meticulous landscaping creating a mature, natural setting.
- Portions of the course overlook the waters of Rend Lake.
The facility is unique in its success given its market and pricing structure. The course is located approximately 90 miles east of St. Louis and 90 miles west of Evansville, Indiana, while also only a few minutes off Interstate 57 running up to Chicago. Golfers from these destinations have found it well worth their while to make the drive to this high quality facility that also boasts exceptional value.